Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It was the summer of 2010 when my brother deployed. Just how I thought the war would eventually end, my denial assumed he would never be deployed. The amount of emotions hit you like a ton of bricks. You don’t know what to expect, you don’t know how to feel, or if it’s right feeling sad. It’s a crazy mix of emotions.

The Deployment Roller Coaster.

The one thing I quickly realized is how siblings often stand in the background. Truthfully, there are no resources out there for us. Whether it deals with having a soldier in the military or having one deployed. There are many resources for children, spouses and parents but none for siblings. I think we’re just as deserving to receive support and guidance. Siblings share a special bond that no one can replace.

My hope is that You are the Champion will be that resource for the many siblings of our military men and women — deployed, in basic training, or on their U.S. Base performing their duties. The soldiers are the true champions. But so are the family members.

You are the Champion


No comments:

Post a Comment