Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Special Prayers for Armed Forces Day

SPECIAL PRAYERS -- Armed Forces Day Each year, we in America set aside the third Saturday in May to honor our Nation's Armed Forces. . . . . . .

ARMY -- I am an American Soldier. I am a Warrior and a member of a team. 'First to fight for the right, And to build the Nation's might, And the Army goes rolling along......'

MARINES -- Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. 'From the Halls of Montezuma, To the shores of Tripoli, We fight our country's battles, In the air, on land, and sea.......'

NAVY -- I am a United States Sailor. I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me. 'Anchors Aweigh, my boys, Anchors Aweigh, Farewell to college joys , We sail at break of day, 'ay 'ay 'ay .......'

AIR FORCE -- I am an American Airman. I am a Warrior. I have answered my nation's call. 'Off we go into the wild blue yonder, Climbing high into the sun; Here they come zooming to meet our thunder, At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun........'

COAST GUARD -- I am proud to be a United States Coast Guardsman. I revere that long line of expert seamen who by their devotion to duty and sacrifice of self have made it possible for me to be a member of a service honored and respected, in peace and in war, throughout the world. 'We're always ready for the call, We place our trust in Thee. Through surf and storm and howling gale, High shall our purpose be........'

As the mothers, fathers, family, and friends of this proud and outstanding fighting force, what better way to honor our heroes than through prayer to the Almighty? May we stand together this Saturday, May 16, 2015, as the enduring force of strength behind our military men and women ~ lifting our voices in prayer ~ giving faithful word to the Almighty for their protection, thanksgiving for their well being, petition for their wisdom, and appreciation for their service. God Bless the Men and Women of Our Armed Forces!!!

Prayers,

Rev. Lin McGee
Past National Chaplain Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc.


No comments:

Post a Comment